Finally Paris

So, sitting in the ordinary economy seats, next to people is not so much fun. We were on a Boing 777-300 which is comfortable enough. Dinner started with champagne and we had red wine with our meal. Both Dave and I chose the pasta bolognese and the meal was really good. Despite taking a sleeping tablet I did no more than snooze for 6 hours. Better than nothing. The couple next to me chatted through the night and the young lady took up a fair amount of space. Breakfast was OK but without the promised crêpe. We landed at 05:40 and an hour later we were in the ‘limo’ (read van) on our way to the hotel. We arrived at 07.20 and left our luggage before walking to find something open for breakfast.

We had coffee and croissants (€24.80) at Le Saint Andre and took a slow walk to the Carrefour. We bought essentials for the train tomorrow morning and then went back to the hotel.

Nothing opens in Paris till 10am so we sat in the lounge catching up with the world. Eric and Dave went to explore what they could of Paris.

Most of the routes were closed due to the Yellow Vest demonstrations. Bev and I went shopping and stopped for lunch at Loufoque.

We shared a Buddha bowl and then went to Shakespeare and company to browse all the books.

I found something to read and once I had paid we made our way back to the hotel. Eric and Dave had already checked in which meant the suitcases were in our rooms. We are in room 303 and Eric and Bev are in room 105. It’s perfectly situated and the shower was most welcome.

We took the Metro to the right bank and walked through the Marais district back to Saint-Germaine crossing the Seine in sight of Notre Dame. Afternoon tea was at Boulangerie L’atelier where we enjoyed amandine tarts. After walking around a bit more we decided it was time for a beer. We sat down at Le Twickenham and had Grimbergen blanche. By that time it was close to 19:30 and we walked to La Jacobine where Dave and Eric had made dinner reservations. However, when we got there we were told the booking was for Sunday night. They booked us for 20:30 which gave us an hour to kill. So, we went into Taschen to look at the coffee table books.

After that we went to buy macarons for the train and went back to the hotel to wait for our rebooked dinner time. We had a great meal and after that we went to listen to the buskers and get ice cream at Amorino. We walked back to the hotel and headed straight for bed. It was just after 22:00 so it was a long day. I walked 15967 steps covering 8.14km.

Share some comment love

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s